Monday, December 14, 2009

Latin Hymns--Updated

I found this post (scroll down to the one titled "Latin Hymns") at a delightful blog that Elephant's Child made me aware of, thank you for that. I thought this was a wonderful post from last week about how to listen to Latin hymns. We more often than not hear these hymns in their English translations, but every once in a great while, such as at this blog, we get to hear them in the original language that they were first sung in.

By the way, the first hymn mentioned is LSB 332 "Savior of the Nations Come". The other two are perhaps, LSB 442 "All Glory Laud and Honor" and the third is possibly the Latin words for Psalm 26:6. This Psalm is titled: Cantabos Domine. Thank you to Ewe and to my father-in-law for helping. I should have been able to guess "All Glory Laud and Honor". Oh, well.

HT: Laudator Temporis Acti

No comments:

Post a Comment