Monday, December 7, 2009

Church to sell Stained Glass of St. John

While I do not agree with all that is in this article, I do agree that it is a tragic and heart breaking thing to see this happen. I do think that considering the membership numbers my first thought is, they should simply close their doors. Then this church could use the sale of anything to further gospel work that is important to the church members. One that comes to mind would be homelessness.

Yet, as the pastor of three churches with similar numbers I understand why they are not doing that. I have seen two churches in this area close already and I could tell, closing your home church is like burying a family member. It involves a mourning process. It is not something that I could ever recommend someone do. I have a small bit of understanding for this Vermont church as they make such a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment