Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nasal Irrigation

Yesterday, on the way home from a pastor's conference, we stopped at the grocery store. While we were in there, my housemother picked up for us what is called a Neti Pot. This is a little ceramic pot that you use to pour a saline solution through your nostrils and sinuses. Last night, I tried this for the first time. It was not what I expected at all. Though, I suppose I did not really have any expectations.

It took me a couple of tries to get the right angle. Once I did though, it was kind of neat to see a steady stream of water running out of my nose. Once I had done this, I felt like my head was finally clear for the first time in years. I do not think I have breathed this well for a while.

Tonight, my wife tried this for the first time. She was scared, even thought it was her idea to get this product. I coached her through it and she did just fine. In fact, she did better than I did the first time. Tonight, I did it again, last night it just did not seem like my head was fully cleared. This was time was much easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment