Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Day in the Life

Today was another day in my life as a Pastor.

I had on the schedule to head out to the country church I serve and sit for my Office Hour for that church. So, I went up there and had just started browsing a new book that came in the mail today, when a member arrived. He did not have anything to talk to me about. Instead, he wanted to drop off some of the produce from his garden this year. So, outside I went to transfer that from his car to my car.

While we did that, another car arrived and headed off around the church for the cemetery. After adding the vegetables to my car, I walked off to see who it was that had arrived. When I walked down there I ran into a daughter of that church who now attends a different church a ways away, but still comes to the cemetery to visit the graves of her family. So, we talked for a while. After all that, I had used up most of the time I was scheduled to be there.

After I left, I went off to an area church to visit with one of the pastors about some up coming events.

Finally, I went to pick up some sweet corn that a member of a different church had offered to share with us. When I arrived, I ended up helping in a tiny way to herd cattle back into the pasture (Read: I stood in the road and called/motioned to the animals which way to go.). Then, when I arrived at the house, I collected two large pails full to the brim with corn. Not quite what I expected to be doing this afternoon!

If you would like to see photos go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment