Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Reading: UPDATED

Well, as you can see I have finished a number of books. I have also read a few more since my last post on this subject. These include, After the Fire a book about how to care for your soldier when he/she is shipped out to a combat zone. Counseling and Confession, a small little book about the use of private confession among Lutheran pastors when conducting different forms of counseling. It is a very useful book for understanding the place for both private confession and any form of psychological counseling.

I have also added to the stack of "bedside" reading:
The Knights of Rhodes, Bo Giertz, translated by a Seminary classmate of mine, Bror Erickson
The Red Badge of Courage, Stephan Crane
The Conservative Reformation and Its Theology, Charles Porterfield Krauth
The Gospel in Dostoyevsky, Ed. by The Bruderhof

I will let you know what I think of these and those books still left in my stack of reading material. Mostly though, I have been preparing for the Missouri Synod's Convention beginning next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment