Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer Squash Pasta

The other day, a nieghbor gave us a box full of garden fresh vegetables. So, we have been diligently using them. The end of last week, I used some of them to make up a pasta dish. Everyone loved it. The tomatoes are from a local produce stand, also fresh from a garden.

Summer Squash Pasta

1 box of pasta, about 1 pound.
1 yellow summer squash, chopped.
2 onions, diced. Preferably red, but what ever you have.
2 tomatoes, diced.
A good sized handful of frozen peas.
Some olive oil.
Fresh shredded parmasan cheese.

I cooked the pasta according to the box, drain.

I then cut up all the veggies and added them to a skillet with some olive oil drizzled over them. I cooked this until the vegetables were all cooked through and soft, but not mushy. Once I was that far, I added the tomatoes and the peas to warm them through. At the end I added the pasta and mixed the whole thing with some shredded cheese. I then left the cheese and a grater on the table so everyone could add more.

The whole family loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I'll give this a try...we have a lot of zucchini in the fridge waiting to be recreated into dinner!

    ReplyDelete